Monday 13 February 2017

“IN A SITUATION WHERE YOU ARE DEPRIVED OF FREEDOM, THE BIBLE BECOMES A GREAT SOLACE”:

======Below is a Write-Up of a former Political Detainee, that I (together with a group of Servants of God) had the Grace of The LORD, to Lead him to The LORD Jesus Christ in a Repentance Prayer, One Year Ago (February 2016). I Believe The Holy Spirit Revealed Himself to him in a very Refreshing and a Unique way, even as he (The Detainee) Served his Detention (in Prison) for many Years in the 1980’s. I Believe he survived the Detention (as many died therein) because The Hand of The LORD was upon him: to Shield him, Sustain him and to Protect him for the Glory and Honour of The LORD. My Prayer is that he may forever be grateful to The LORD, and to always seek and inquire of the Counsel of The LORD, because The LORD kept him alive for His Purpose; The Purpose and The Plan of The LORD God Almighty (YAHWEH The Great I AM, The Holy One of Israel, The Creater of Heaven and the earth & The entire Universe The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob).

BELOW IS HIS POWERFUL WRITE-UP, ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCE WHILE IN THE HARSH AND THE UNFORGIVING DETENTION CAMP (PRISON):

“‘“In a situation where you are deprived of freedom, the Bible becomes a great solace. Most people’s early reading of the Bible occurs in school, when Bible study is fairly mechanical and undertaken mostly to pass exams, and most people don’t stop to think then about the deeper meanings of the words. But I found that, in detention, the Bible helped me to look at situations in a different light. I found many of the biblical stories very, very meaningful – the betrayal of Jesus by Judas, the discovery of Jesus by Peter, the trial before Pontius Pilate, the Jews crying for Jesus’ blood and demanding the release of Barabbas, the Sermon on the Mount, Moses, Exodus and the trials and tribulations of the Israelites on that journey, the story of David and Goliath. I had read the Bible in remand and I read it again when I was in detention, right through, several times. I had the King James I version in English, and I also had copies in Swahili and in German. I read the Bible in all these languages. I would read from Genesis to Revelations, stopping in stages to reflect, and finding comfort and encouragement in some of the stories and messages there.

In my view, the decisive event in the Old Testament is not the creation but the exodus, through which the people of Israel are freed from Egyptian slavery. The scriptural record is found in the fifth chapter of the Book of Exodus, which begins with this dialogue between Pharaoh, the Egyptian king, and Moses and Aaron, the Israeli leaders:

Afterwards, Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Let my people go, that they may hold a feast to me in the wilderness’.” But the Pharaoh said, “Who is this Lord, that I should heed his voice and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord, and moreover, I will not let Israel go.” They said, “The God of the Hebrews has met with us ….” (Exodus, 5: 1-31).

Here, one sees an understanding of God formed through a specific historical, even political, event – the liberation of Israel, which made possible the reestablishment of the nation in Canaan. Over and over again in the Old Testament, Israel’s relationship with and understanding of God arise from the historical experience of the nation. Knowledge of God also came to the Hebrews through prophetic revelation, the prophet speaking God’s word to the people. God always had a word for the people: “Surely the Lord does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets.” (Amos, 3: 7).

On the question of true worship, for example, the Lord said: “The kind of fasting I want is this: remove the chains of oppression and the yoke of injustice and let the oppressed go free. Share your food with the hungry and open your homes to the homeless poor. Give clothes to those who have nothing to wear, and do not refuse to help your own relatives.” (Isaiah, 58: 6-11).

Then my favour will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond.” (Amos, 5: 21-24).

“If you put an end to oppression, to every gesture of contempt, and to every evil word, if you give food to the hungry and satisfy those who are in need, then darkness around you will turn to the brightness of noon. And I will always guide you and satisfy you with good things. I will keep you strong and well. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring of water that never runs dry.” (Isaiah, 58: 6-11).

“The Lord says, I hate your religious festivals. I cannot stand them! When you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; I will not accept the animals you have fattened to bring me as offerings. Stop your noisy songs. I do not want to listen to your harps. Instead, let justice flow like.

The idea of a final day of reckoning, the Day of the Lord, seems to have had currency even in pre-exile Israelite religion, for Amos (5: 18-20) takes it for granted as being part of the conceptual scenario of those he is addressing.”’”

END OF THIS SEGMENT OF THE WRITE-UP.

ADDITIONAL WRITE-UP FROM OTHER SEGMENTS: ‘“Each week, there was a religious service for inmates, all denominations mixed together. The prison chaplain would come and move from block to block. He came with the Bible and sometimes other religious publications, including old religious newspapers from abroad. He would read the Bible to us out in the yard and then preach to us, and we would all sing and pray. The chaplain chose relevant scriptures and we would have conversations about spiritual matters. I found it very refreshing and achieved a sense of renewal from these weekly contacts. I had a Bible. The prison authorities are obliged to give one to any prisoner who asks, and prisoners would refuse to eat if they were not given their Bible.”’

NOTE: This man (The Former Political Detainee) would later go on to serve as a Prime Minister of his Country, from 2008 to 2013. Just like Joseph in the Bible (Who was The Prime Minister of Egypt; having also Served a Stint in Egyptian Prison: in that Particular Context).

=====Remember, The LORD wants No One to Perish (Regardless of their Status, Situation or Circumstance), But that All May Come to Him in Repentance, Righteousness, Holiness, Truth and Complete Surrender to The LORD Jesus Christ-------that they may enter into Heaven, for the Everlasting Life.

SHALOM!!!

PREPARE THE WAY FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IN ABSOLUTE REPENTANCE, RIGHTEOUSNESS, HOLINESS, TRUTH AND COMPLETE SURRENDER TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (YESHUA/YAHUSHUA HA MASHIACH). TIME IS ABSOLUTELY OVER; THE MESSIAH JESUS CHRIST IS IMMINENTLY COMING TO PICK HIS BRIDE!!!

REPENTANCE PRAYER:

Precious Jesus,

I acknowledge today that you are LORD and Savior of all mankind,

and today I have recognized my shortfall,

I Repent and turn away from all Sin.

Please cover me with your Precious Blood,

and establish your Word in my life,

that I may be found in Righteousness and Holiness

and write my name in your Book of Life

and Baptize me with the Power of the Holy Spirit

in The Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.

AMEN.


Your Brother in Christ Jesus, and a Shepherd of The LORD,



Kevin Mirasi


1 comment:

  1. ...For the people (majority) on the Earth STILL do not care about what happens, don t care about GOD S WARNINGS, remain dedicated to old evil ways, they oppose the truth,...therefore is no other Cure than gret tribulation cure.

    ReplyDelete